Happy Summer Marvista Families!
Our school office will be closed until August 5. The district offices will remain open, Mon-Thur., if you need support over the summer with school meals or enrollment. You will find lots of information online too - so check out the Highline Public Schools and Marvista Elementary websites.
If your child is attending Summer School - please reach out to that program directly by calling 206-631-3372 or via email at email@example.com.
Marvista Summer Office Hours:
- Aug. 6-13: 9:00 - 3:00 PM (closed for lunch, call ahead)
- Aug. 16-31: 8:15 - 4:00 PM (closed for lunch part of the time, call ahead)
- Aug. 24: Closed for all-staff meeting
- Sept 1: 8:15 - 4:15 PM (regular office hours during school)
Kindergarten Jump Start:
- Aug. 16-20, Monday - Friday from 9:10 to 12:10 PM
- Bus transportation may be available for your student if your enrollment was completed before June 16. Letters will be mailed in August with
- The day begins with breakfast (more details shared with families about the check in procedure the week before Jump Start)
- Aug. 16 from 9:15 - 9:45 AM: Welcome Meeting for parents or guardians bringing their student to school. This will be a brief introduction about the week.
- Aug. 20 from 9:15 - 10:30 AM: Parent Meeting for guardians/parents with lots of information about school, kindergarten schedules, our school counselor's curriculum, the Marvista PTSA and more.
- Review the Incoming Kindergarten Welcome Information news from June 16.
Other important dates:
- Sept. 1: Meet & Greet Event (more details shared as it gets closer but likely a virtual event this year)
- Sept. 2 - First Day of School for 1st - 5th graders
- Sept. 6: Closed in honor of Labor Day
- Sept. 2 - 7: Kindergarten Conferences between teachers and students by appointment these first three days
- Sept. 8 - First Day of School for kindergarteners
- Oct. 12: School Picture Day
Enjoy your summer break and we look forward to seeing more of you in the fall!
Marvista Elementary School