Hello Marvista Families,
Thank you for your patience as we work to streamline our on-campus dismissal procedures. We have been so impressed by the number of families that are arriving on campus to pick up our students at the end of the day. We counted 157 cars on Friday alone! After a debrief and consultation, we have revised a few procedures.
NEW! If you park off campus and walk over to pick up your child:
- Students will follow the coned path out the small east gate.
- They will walk along the path to a waiting area with Mr. Ritsema that is near the flagpole.
- Families will line up, near the flagpole.
- Students will stay in the coned area until they meet up with a family member.
NEW! If your students walks home by themselves:
- Students will follow the coned path out the small east gate next.
- Students will walk along the path to a waiting area with Mr. Ritsema near the flagpole.
- Students will tell Mr. Ritsema that they are walkers and he will dismiss them.
- Students will walk along the south end of the campus.
NEW! If you drive onto campus to pick up your child:
- Families will make a double line that will feed into a single line at the pick-up zone.
- Students will line up by grade on a socially distanced spot.
- Students will be called out as their car arrives.
- Students will load on the passenger side of car.
- Today or tomorrow your students will have a card in their backpack. Please place the card in your front passenger side dash. This will help us call students as you pull up.
Thank you again for your patience. Having a school full of happy and safe students makes all of these new procedures worth it!