Greetings Marvista Families,
We are so proud of our Marvista Orcas! This week our students continued to learn more about our safety procedures as well as started to dig into social, emotional, and academic learning. As I walked around the school, I observed students engaged in math problem solving, students discussing with one another about characters from a book, and students practicing writing their names. It brought me so much joy to see all of us in action again!
I would like to personally thank each of you for your patience and grace as we worked to streamline our school wide safety procedures. Your kind words and smiles really made a difference. Each day the systems are moving faster and faster and it is because we are all working together to make this happen. Thank you!
We now need your help!
- When using car arrival, please have your students masked up and ready to unload as you drive up to the drop off zone.
- Begin each school day by reminding your child how they will be getting home—car pick up, bus, parent park, and walk.
- If there are changes to your child’s going home (dismissal) plan, contact our office by 3:15 p.m. Monday through Thursday or 1:45 p.m. on Fridays.
- If you are using car dismissal at the end of the day, place the student's name card(s) in the car dash, making sure it is displayed upright to see from the outside.
- For car arrival and dismissal, begin forming two lanes and then merging back into one. Please take turns by letting one car from each lane go at a time.
- Practice with your child what the end of lunch looks like by repacking and zipping back up their lunch box.
Thank you for all that you have done and for all that you continue to do to support our students. If you have any questions, you are always welcome to call our main office at 206-631-4200. Our team will work to connect you with the appropriate support staff.