Greetings Marvista Families,
Our students and teachers have been working so hard over the last few months. They have been engaging in rigorous math activities, completing writing projects, learning new reading skills, and supporting each other through social skills lessons. They all deserve this upcoming winter break!
As we gear up for our January return, I wanted to take a moment to talk about our schoolwide routines when students arrive and leave our campus each day. Student safety is our number one priority at Marvista, and I am sad to report that over the last few weeks, we have had some very scary near misses because some of us are driving too fast or crossing in unexpected spaces. At Marvista, our entire community must work together during these times to keep our students safe. Please review the procedures below as you prepare for the January 3 return.
When driving through our parking lot we ask that you do the following:
- ALWAYS keep your speed limit at or below 5 mph, including after you have dropped off your child
- Be aware of your surroundings when pulling in and out of a parking spot
- Be cautious of pedestrians
- Park in designated areas
When walking through our parking lot we ask that you do the following:
- Use the designated crosswalk (1) at the west side of the parking lot for both arrival and dismissal
- Wait for the staff member to cross you and your children at the designated crosswalk
- Do not cross between cars, especially the car pick-up and drop off lane
- Hold the hands of your children or keep them very close to you
When waiting to meet your child on foot, we ask that you do the following:
- Stand near our flag pole in the front of the school or east of the pick-up zone, past the cross walk
- Please do not stand on the sidewalk in the car loading zone
- Please do not call your child to cross into the parking lot alone
Other ways you can help our community during arrival and dismissal:
- For arrival, drop off your child between 8:55 and 9:10 a.m.
- Decide on your child’s going home plan before the school day begins and if you have a change to your child’s going home plan, call the school office before 3:00 p.m.
Thank you for reviewing and following these important safety procedures. It takes all of us working together to keep our kids safe. Thank you Marvista community for all that you do and all that you continue to do to keep our school systems running safely and smoothly. If you have any questions, you are always welcome to call our main office at 206-631-4200. Our team will work to connect you with the appropriate support staff.