Dear Marvista Families,
Each day, every student at Marvista has a remote learning experience in PE, Music or Library. Our hard-working specialist teachers design both synchronous and asynchronous lessons for our students in each of these important areas. The lessons are rigorous, engaging and based on standards.
In PE our students benefit from:
- Improved physical fitness
- Skill and motor skills development
- Regular and healthful physical activity
In Music our students benefit from:
- Develop confidence by trying something new
- Sparking creativity
- Increasing listening skills by listening to yourself or the rest of the class
In Library our students benefit from:
- Exposure to many genres of books
- The opportunity to check out books
- Digital citizenship lessons
We need your help in reminding both our students to attend their specialist sessions. All students, regardless of hybrid or remote instruction, receive their specialist sessions in a remote format. If you are unsure of your child’s specialist time, reach out to their classroom teacher.
Our designated specialist time is incredibly important and incredibly special! Thank you for all that you have done and for all that you continue to do to support our students. If you have any questions, you are always welcome to call our main office at 206-631-4200. Our team will work to connect you with the appropriate support staff.