Hello Marvista Family!
Springtime here at Marvista is full of traditions. One of those traditions is statewide testing. We have been working to prepare our students to be successful on these assessments by creating rigorous learning experiences focused on the grade level learning standards. We have also provided our students opportunities to take practice assessments. Now, we ask that you help us with the final stages of preparation.
- Making sure your child is well-rested and eats a good breakfast before school.
- Avoiding last-minute morning rush by laying out clothes in advance or leaving for school a little early. It is imperative that students arrive on time to school as testing will begin at the start of the school day.
- Encouraging your child to do their best. Reminding them to stay calm during the test. In addition to knowing the concepts that will be tested, keys to a successful testing experience are reducing anxiety and stress, building confidence, and promoting motivation and perseverance.
- Having your child bring a healthy snack such as dried fruit, string cheese, pretzels, etc. on their testing days.
- Not planning early pick-ups or scheduling doctor, dentist, or other appointments during testing times.
The testing window is scheduled for the weeks of May 8 and May 15. Students will be testing on Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays. In the coming days, your child’s teacher will share with you exact schedule details, including tested areas and times. Thank you for your help and support throughout this two-week testing window. Our students are ready to show what they know, and we are so proud to show them off!
If you have any questions, you are always welcome to call our main office at 206-631-4200. Our team will work to connect you with the appropriate support staff.